Monday 3 March 2014

40 Days of Dieting Better - Day 1

 I've spent the last week getting ready... browsing recipies, pinning ideas, taking inventory, and now it's truth time. Here we go!

My household is only my husband, myself, and my 8 month-old; so if you're like me, you're really only cooking for two... and if you're like me, you'll have a husband who isn't really into the whole "health diet" thing... he's more of a "good old-fashioned meal" kind of a guy.
My breakfast and lunch portions will just me single portions as I'm on my own during that time of a day. Alot of supper meals tend to stick to the meat and veggies so I intend on cooking hubby a potato once in a while to throw just on his plate. I like to make enough for about 4-6 portions at supper time just incase any of us are extra hungry as well as my hubby takes a container of left-overs to work with him every day for lunch (if there are some). SO, my grocery lists will reflect these portions. If you wish to adjust the meal portions, remember to adjust the groceries you buy!

Grocery List - Days 1 2 3
The fresher the better! I like to shop twice a week for groceries. It keeps my food fresh and gets me out of the house! This list may look like a lot, but I was surprised to see that it shrunk down quite a bit once I saw what I had on hand already.

▶Produce:
□Avocado (3) □Broccoli (1head) □Brussel Sprouts (2 cups) □Cabbage (2cups) □Carrots, small (1) □Cauliflower (1 head) □Celery (4 stalks) □Cilantro (3 tbsp) □Cucumbers (2) □Dill, bunch (1/4) □Kale (2 leaves) □Garlic Cloves (7) □Lemon, juiced (1 tbsp) □Lime, juiced (3/4 tbsp) □Large Yellow Onion (1 1/2) □Parsley (1/4 cup) □Parsnips (2) □Pear (1) □Red Onion (2 tsp) □Snap Peas (1 cup) □Spinach (6 cups) □Tomato (1/4)
▶Spices & Baking
□Almond Meal (1cup) □Cacao Nibs (2 tbsp) □Cayenne (1 tsp) □Chili Powder (2 tbsp) □Corriander (1/2 tsp) □Cumin (1 tsp) □Garlic Powder (1 tbsp) □Italian Seasoning (1 tbsp) □Smoked Spanish Paprika (1 1/2 tsp) □Peppermint Extract (1/4 tsp) □Stock (4 1/4 cups) □Tarragon (2 tsp) □Thyme (2 tsp) □Vanilla Extract (1/2 tsp)
▶Rice, Pasta & Bread
□Brown Basmati Rice (1 1/2 cups) □Puffed Wheat Cereal (1 1/2 cups) □Yeast Free Bread (2 slices)
▶Meat
□Chicken Breast Tenderloin (2 lb) □Ground Beef (1lb)
▶Frozen
□Frozen Banana (1) □Frozen Mango (1/2 cup) □Frozen Peas (1 cup)
▶Dairy
□Almond Milk (1 3/4 cup) □Eggs (6) □Cottage Cheese (1/2 cup) □Milk Kefir (3/4 cup) *can be replaced with cottage cheese.
▶Oils, Butters & Condiments
□Balsamic Vinegar (1 tsp) □Vinegar (1 tbsp) □Virgin Olive Oil (4 tbsp)
▶Seeds, Snacks & Crackers
□Sunflower Seeds (1 tbsp) □Almonds (1 cup) □Kale Chips (1 cup) □Pitted Dates (4)


Breakfast
Lunch
Snacks
Supper
I spooned a little of the topping aside for my little one. Yum! The left-overs freeze great.

These Recipes are in JPEG format so they're easy to pin to your "Healthy Meals" board or save the image to a file on your computer. If you want a plain text version, just email me and I'll send it to you.

Daily Devotions:
Philippians 1:20
"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or death"
   What a great verse to start this adventure on! Take Courage!...and may our bodies be a blessing to Christ inside and out!


This morning I started off with a 25 minute workout by GymRa. I'll be following their 8 week challange. And yea, day one was a challenge! Time to get this mama back into shape! I like to do my workouts first thing in the morning before any excuses cloud my plan. 6 a.m. or 8 p.m., as long as we DO IT! :)

One day down, 39 to go!!




No comments:

Post a Comment